Monday 27 June 2016

Skills Audit

Having spent a few days last week scrolling through the internet researching skills audits I came across a really helpful template from The University of Surrey. One of the things that drew me to this particular audit as each skill had a key letter which at the end you could then identify what these types of skills represented. We all have a number of different skills but I liked the idea that this audit would give me a conclusion of the "type" of skills which I think personally can assist me in determining what kind of skills I have to work on and gain more experience in.


After under going the survey I learned that almost all of my skills are either data skills or people skills. However I only had 4 areas of ideas skill and no things skills at all. So from this experience it has taught me that I really have to up my ideas and things skills. 

I was surprised at how little of the ideas skills I did obtain as if you had asked me prior to the audit this is one of the areas I am most interested in however having carried out the audit although I have interest in this area, it has highlighted the fact that I don't have much real experience in it. 

No things experience however does not surprise me, technology and practical skills I know are my weaknesses however putting it down in black and white has reminded me that although this is an area I would usually try and avoid it is important to have a broad range of skills and sometimes it is important to step out of your comfort zone and learn something completely new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment