Thursday 7 July 2016

Honey & Mumford’s Learning Cycle

Along side the skills audit I carried out I decided to take the Honey & Mumford’s Learning Cycle Questionnaire. I was surprised at first when the results of the questionnaire resulted in me being a reflective learner, however once I began to read more into what was meant by a reflective learner I actually agreed. 


Particularly when it comes to university I always gather as much information as possible and read up on the subject before I even consider putting pen to paper (or fingers to keys should I say) and I definitely postpone reaching definite conclusions. I'm a very cautious person and really struggle with making a commitment even when it comes to a theory basis. I usually spend a good few weeks researching as much as possible before I will make a commitment on a topic. Another area I found very interesting was the strengths and weaknesses associated with a reflective learner:


I find that these strengths and weaknesses describe my personality perfectly, not only academically but in my personal life also. In particular "no small talk" Once I get to know people I am a very bubble and chatty person however I hate interacting with new people purely down to the fact I really do have no small talking abilities. Who knew this was a real personality trait!



No comments:

Post a Comment